MTN 3.5G USB MODEM
The easy-to-use MTN 3.5G USB modem (E220) is a small 3.5G HSDPA enabled portable device which inserts into the USB slot of most major desktops or laptop running compatible Microsoft Windows or Apple Macintosh. The MTN 3.5G USB Modem offers all MTN customers with desktops and laptops the easiest, fastest, and most convenient way to access the Internet while on the move – at home, in the office, everywhere within MTN Data Services coverage.
MTN 3.5G DATA CARD
The MTN 3.5G Data Card (E630) is a 3.5G HSDPA enabled PCMCIA card type II that fits into compatible laptops and notebooks and acts as a modem to connect you to the Internet via MTN’s 3.5G network.
INSTALLATION & USE
So, simply insert your MTN SIM card into the MTN 3.5G USB Modem or Data Card, and connect it to your laptop or desktop, you can connect to the Internet anywhere you have MTN 3.5G coverage, at broadband speeds. MTN’s 3.5G (HSDPA technology) was built to deliver speeds of up to 3.6 Mbps. For downloads when using the mode within 3.5G coverage, but expect to experience speeds between 400 Kbps and 800 Kbps with peaks of approximately 1.2Mbps. The speed you experience with the MTN 3.5G USB modem or MTN 3.5G Data Card can vary based on the number of current users on the network, the location and availability of the internet site you are trying to access, coverage, environmental conditions, and applications used. Whenever you are not in 3G coverage, the Data Card will move seamlessly onto our extensive GPRS network. Your MTN Branded USB Modem or Data Card are plug-and-play – easy to use, on compatible systems. Just put your SIM in the Modem or Data Card, plug in, and you’ll be up and running in no time following automatic setup.
* Specifically designed for Windows 2000 (SP2 and above), Windows XP, Windows ® Vista;
* Apple Macintosh OSX 10.4 or higher. (New versions of the MAC OSX may require you to perform a software driver upgrade (you can check our website at www.mtnonline/devices for updates on all MTN devices);
* Memory 128MB RAM recommended
* 50MB minimum of free hard disk space
* PC USB slot – for the MTN 3.5G USB Modem
* PCMCIA Type II slot – for the MTN 3.5G Data Card
* CD ROM disk drive (optional)